Previously, Mike Andrew chose to write:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:27, Tim Wunder wrote:
> >ide-scsi does NOT cover them with *the exact same* /dev/names.
>
> Thanx for that Tim, I have crib notes that state otherwise, they're wrong.
> I do know  that ide-scsi will take over the ls120/zip ide-internal
> if allowed to, so I'll investigate which is what so that even this wrinkle
> is sorted out.

Well, while I was updating my checkbook using GNUCash from CVS (it has
scheduled transactiosn -- sort of...), I decided to compile the sd_mod.o
module that I was missing (I chose not to compile SCSI disk support last time
I recompiled my kernel).
ide-scsi is all you need, yes. It uses (on my system with no other SCSI
disks) /dev/sda4 to access the Zip drive, ide-floppy uses /dev/hdc4.
Which is as I expected.
Regards,
Tim

--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1, kernel 2.4.9, KDE 2.2.1, Xfree86 4.1.0