From: Tim Wunder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fwd: [fsl-discuss] Standards: Register: Phillips moves to
put 'poison' label on protected audio CDs

Douglas J Hunley wrote:
> Looks like Phillips actually has a clue! Go Phillips!

OK. I admit it. I'm confused...
If these "protected audio" CDs are playable in an ordinary CD player,
how, exactly, are they copy protected? Can't I just plug the output of
my CD player into the input of my soundcard and record the audio as a
.wav, then burn it to CD?

Please enlighten me.
Tim