On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 11:05:23AM -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:
>On Saturday 19 January 2002 10:57 am, Bruce Marshall wrote:
>>   In fact, checking with
>> www.barkto.com, there is a better explaination of what really happened than
>> I just gave from memory.
>
>I correct myself.   The "what really happened"  link on that page deals with
>the events of CIS committing suicide by lumping some very successful forums
>together and killing others.  It was a dumb move because it took less than 24
>hours for those successful forums to re-invent themselves as private news
>groups at no cost.  Most of the members left CIS at this point.   I left
>after 13 years of CIS usage.

I was a ``co-moderator'' on the CIS SCOFORUM group for several years, and
quit when they made it difficult-to-impossible for me to deal with CIS from
my *ix boxen (at that time SCO OpenServer).

Bill

``People from East Germany have found the West so confusing. It's so much
easier when you have only one party.'' -- Linus Torvalde, Linux Expo Canada
when asked about confusion over many Linux distributions.