Bill Day babbled on about:
> The secret for the example and then having secret in the named.conf,
> rndc.conf and rndc.key I replaced all the 'secrets with the pass and then
> also replaced all the quoted spots next to it with my output from encode,
> as soon as I returned it to secret and left the output from the pass and
> mmencode it fired up.

OIC. You changed the
secret "c2VjcmV0";

in /etc/named.conf and actually changed the word secret. you should only
change the value inside the quotes. I'll change the page to make it more
clear and use a different example.

> Jan 23 15:24:56 linuxbox named[20466]: Jan 23 15:24:56.504general: error:
> dns_master_load: pz/127.0.0:3: no current owner name
> It still has the 'no owner' problem and 'no current owner'.

I have no idea on this one. Perhaps David knows?

> Should I be starting named as named or root?  This is the command I'm using
> to start it:
>
> /usr/sbin/named -u named     #assuming this is starting it as named
> already.. anyother ideas?

this is correct. it starts up as root, then switches to named. it is the
correct way
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: Linux StepByStep - http://linux.nf

/* After several hours of tedious analysis, the following hash
 * function won.  Do not mess with it... -DaveM
 */
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/buffer.c