On Monday 28 Jan 2002 22:24, Ted Ozolins wrote:
> On Monday 28 January 2002 02:11 pm, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> > On Monday 28 Jan 2002 02:33, Leon A. Goldstein wrote:
> > > Keith Antoine lamented:
> > >
> > > Try turboprint. Use it with the "Generic UNIX LPD print system"
> > > http://www.turboprint.de/
> > > Turboprint will add tp0. Use this printer for kmail and other KDE
> > > apps. Turboprint solved my printer diarrhea problem with OL 3.1.1
> > > beta.
> >
> > I'd like to try that too, but they don't have a driver for my HP
> > DeskJet 720C - CUPS has.
>
> One other thought, in the printer dialog window, is the name of the
> printer as you set it to be correct?

Yes.  Thanks for your input Ted.  Actually I can print from kmail using
CUPS, but I'm not happy with it.  Only kedit prints as I expect,
honouring my printer options set in .lpotions.  All the other KDE apps
print with double line spacing.  I think this is a KDE 2.2.2 problem.

--
Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.  AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 512MB RAM.
Registered Linux User 219434.  Mandrake Linux release 8.1 (Vitamin)