ok, I was assuming that I had to create 2 more files under /var/named/pz and
then put int the reverse information.  but I just put them in the current
zone files..

could you point/post  me an example with the proper setup..?

I realize I am getting annoying   8^) but until my book arrives Im really in
the dark on this BIND - DNS stuff  and really unsure where/how to place and
format the reverse information in the file(s)

I really can't wait for my book to arrive...

[root@linuxbox /root]# ll /var/named/pz
total 1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 named    named         282 Jan 20 11:42 127.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 named    named           7 Jan 20 11:55 192.168.1 -> 127.0.0

current 127.0.0 and 192.168.1 (since they are <ln -s>  ):

-------
$TTL 1D

      @                 1D IN SOA       localhost.           root.localhost
                                        42              ; serial (d. adams)
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

                        1D IN           NS      localhost.
      1                 1D IN           PTR     localhost.

Again, thanks for all your help.

--
  Bill Day ( a.k.a. BadMan )            188133 http://counter.li.org
  #linux-users                          irc.openprojects.net:6667

  Our crystal tears now fall upon the ashes, but from the dust shall grow a
  spirit, to be in compassion for those who are lost, and one in determination
  to break those who dare test our resolve to be free... 9/11/01

  http://www.daysdomain.com/tribute.html

  8:30am  up 181 days, 23:24, 15 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00