On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:42:47 -0500
begin  Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

[snip]
> My question is: WTF is my ".mc file"?
>
> I've got a bunch of files with .mc extensions in
> /usr/share/sendmail/cf/cf. Should I edit the "generic-linux.mc",
> "generic-openlinux.mc" file, or the  "mail.cs.mc" file? Or should I be
> looking somewhere else?

use the generic-openlinux.mc file.  But you should already have
genericstable support (in hash format).

> Also, this is telling me to use "`dbm /etc/mail/genericstable'". When I
> made my virtusertable.db, I had to use "makemap hash" because my version
> of makemap didn't support "dbm", should I convert this to "`hash
> /etc/mail/genericstable'"?

you are correct.

> BTW I'm running sendmail-8.11-1 on Caldera eWorkstation 3.1.

I believe you already have what you need, you just need to create the
genericstable and genericstable.db.

You will also need CG lines (outgoing domains) or sendmail will refuse to
rewrite per the genericstable stuff.

Now, if you have defined DM (masquerade_as) and also have
(masquerade_envelope), you'll almost certainly need
FEATURE(limited_masquerade).

You can check out your changes like this:

sendmail -bt -d21.9
/tryflags hs
/try local <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

you can use <Ctrl>+d to get out.