Previously, David A. Bandel chose to write:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:42:47 -0500
> begin  Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:
<snip>
> > I've got a bunch of files with .mc extensions in
> > /usr/share/sendmail/cf/cf. Should I edit the "generic-linux.mc",
> > "generic-openlinux.mc" file, or the  "mail.cs.mc" file? Or should I be
> > looking somewhere else?
>
> use the generic-openlinux.mc file.  But you should already have
> genericstable support (in hash format).

That's what I did. It didn't have genericstable in there, so I added it.

<snip>

> > BTW I'm running sendmail-8.11-1 on Caldera eWorkstation 3.1.
>
> I believe you already have what you need, you just need to create the
> genericstable and genericstable.db.
>
> You will also need CG lines (outgoing domains) or sendmail will refuse to
> rewrite per the genericstable stuff.

Hmmm... lessee. Nope, no CG lines. Is that a problem? The re-writing appears
to be happening OK.

> Now, if you have defined DM (masquerade_as) and also have
> (masquerade_envelope), you'll almost certainly need
> FEATURE(limited_masquerade).

I have a defined DM, yes. I just added FEATURE(limited_masquerade) because of
a problem I was having with the Return Path not getting masqueraded. Why
would I nead "limited_masquerade"? It seems to be working without it. From
the blurb on the sendmail.org site, it doesn't really apply to my small home
network (I don't think).

> You can check out your changes like this:
>
> sendmail -bt -d21.9
> /tryflags hs
> /try local <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> you can use <Ctrl>+d to get out.
>
> Ciao,
>
> David A. Bandel

Thanks David.

Tim

--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1, kernel 2.4.9, KDE 2.2.1, Xfree86 4.1.0