I've already given up once more on doing a Debian ftp install... seems to be
the buggiest install on the planet.  This time it refused to recognize my
root disk, and when I tried to do an ftp install half a year ago it told me
that the file size of base.tgz was incorrect.

Bill Day pointed me in the direction of Trustix and I think I'll be giving
that a shot.

One thing that it does not appear to include though is a socks daemon of any
sort, and thus I was wondering if anyone here could suggest one to use.

I've taken a look at Freshmeat and found a few of them there:
- Dante
- Nylon
- Socks5
- Socksd

Any recommendations?  Or shall I just start from the top of the list?

David Aikema