> > Any Linux user/developper interested in locales and character sets
> > is today *strongly* recommended to upgrade to a glibc 2.2 based
> > distribution. There have been huge improvements between 2.1 and 2.2!
>
> Yeah but all the new distros use kernel 2.4 which seems to be the
> development kernel masqurading as the stable release. I'd like to see
> some VM stability before I throw this 2.2 rock away. They only recently
> discovered that page aging didn't work at all the last 9 releases (err,
> something fundamentally wrong there).

You don't have to use kernel 2.4, if you don't like to.
I'm using Mandrake 8.0, RedHat 7.1 and Slakware 8.0
(all glibc 2.2.x distros) with kernel 2.2.19 and there's no
problems at all. And glibc-2.2 is a definite must...

--
Damjan Georgievski              |           Дамјан Георгиевски
Skopje, Macedonia               |           Скопје, Македонија