Hi,

At 12 Nov 2001 18:56:10 +0000,
Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> I don't want to extend luit for 4.2.0; bug fixes only in this version.
> Much of what you're proposing will go into future releases of luit.
> More precisely,

I see.  Let's discuss these points after the release of 4.2.0.

BTW, I have now trouble compiling luit.  charset.c includes
<X11/fonts/fontenc.h> and I could not find it.  I found it in
xc/lib/font/include/fontenc.h .  Is it the right file?

When I proceed compilation, I met compilation errors of:

charset.o: In function `FontencCharsetRecode':
charset.o(.text+0x146): undefined reference to `FontEncRecode'
charset.o: In function `getFontencCharset':
charset.o(.text+0x2f0): undefined reference to `FontEncMapFind'
charset.o(.text+0x302): undefined reference to `FontMapReverse'

I think I need some libraries in XFree86 CVS tree...

> TK> How about Johab?
>
> Don't know.  We'll see.

Johab is a Korean encoding which covers full hanguls and symbols and
ideographs in KS X 1001.  However, the codepoints are not compatible
with EUC-KR.

> As I've already mentioned, I strongly dislike the complexity of
> Markus' proposal.  I want to use single shifts only.

Thus I said CSI 1 w for each character.

> TK> but I am afraid this solution can be too heavy, because luit will
> TK> have to issue CSI 1 w for each doublewidth character and XTerm
> TK> will have to parse it.
>
> I don't think that will be much of a problem.  If it is, we'll see
> what can be done.

Sure.  If we will single shifts only, we can have more simple
sequence.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/