Followup to:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
By author:    Lars Engebretsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
In newsgroup: linux.utf8

> What should the default paper size be in an application that
> creates PDF documents?
>
> Or, for another example: What if one has both a letter tray and an A4
> tray in the available printer?

In the latter case you can use either -- most printers will pick the
appropriate tray depending on the input.  Use whichever one is more
appropriate for your locale (letter in the U.S., A4 in Sweden, for
example.)

In the former case, I would like to propose a "worldwide compromise"
page size -- 210 x 279 mm.  Such a page can be printed, cleanly, on
either on A4 (210 x 297 mm) or US-letter (216 x 279 mm) by expanding
either the horizontal (US-letter) or vertical (A4) margin.

        -hpa
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at work, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>