On Thu, 2 May 2002, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

> The nice thing about LC_PAPER is that it is set either on installation,
> or as part of the normal setup. I think most people knows how to set the
> locale, while some, maybe many, would not know that there be a
> /etc/papersize file.

  Yes, I've been bitten more than once by these 'hidden' files
lurking around in /etc that affect the way programs work.

> LC_PAPER was in 14652 at some time but was taken out, because some
> people thought that it was not useful :-(

  So, my memory was not telling me a lie. I was almost sure I had
seen it in ISO 14652 when I wrote that LC_PAPER is in ISO 14652.
Later when I checked it, it's not there, which led me to believe
that my memory didn't serve me right once more.

  Anyway, what's the plan of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG20 on this?

  Jungshik Shin