On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:01:43PM -0500, Maiorana, Jason wrote:
> Many applications which do support "unicode" in windows still cling to
> the notion that it is USC-2, and not UTF-16. So the issue is that it
> doesnt support UTF-16 well in many of the multitudes of apps which
> purportedly support unicode. And I havent even touched upon other
> inconsistencies, such as the backslash glyph showing up as a En currency
> signin Japanese text, or the non-standard vagaries of how to transfer
> unicode text across the clipboard which seem to contradict docmentation.

Yeah, I know this--but what does this have to do with the discussion? :)
We're talking about dynamically changing the input method and keyboard
maps, not the Abominable Microsoft Yenslash.

Anyway, hopefully IIIMF will help rectify this.

Off-topic: what's unclear about Unicode text on the clipboard?  I've never
had problems simply putting Unicode text in CF_UNICODETEXT.  The only
real problem I'm aware of is that although 9x/ME supports CF_UNICODETEXT,
it will never synthesize CF_TEXT from it (and this isn't documented), which
means you have to waste a lot of memory explicitly filling in both; but
then, people who care about Unicode shouldn't be in Win9x ...

--
Glenn Maynard