Egmont Koblinger wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 04:36:44PM +0100, Rui Santos wrote:
>

>>     In my "quest", I'd like to use UTF-8 in all consoles. I almost did
>> it, except for a little detail: I cannot use any kind of accents with
>> any of my letters. Here is what I do
>>
>>     loadkeys /usr/share/kbd/compose.winkeys
>>     loadkeys /usr/share/kbd/compose.latin1.add
>>

> Composing characters don't work with utf-8, but a patch exsts (not tested by
> me). It was mentioned last week on kernel list:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=118531371404736&w=2

Could you please point me to where the patch is located ?
> Standalone accents should work, but you may need to pass a -u/--unicode
> option to loadkeys. (Not mentioned in loadkeys manual, but printed by
> loadkeys --help.)
>
> I'm using something like this; this should work work you too:
>   echo -en '\033%G'
>   kbd_mode -u
>   setfont lat2-16 -m 8859-2
>   loadkeys -u hu
> If you press the keys, some accented vowels should appear.

No change in my setup. I have a few questions though:
- That has to be non-unicode? Or it doesn't matters ?
- I hope it should also work with 8859-15
- I suppose that hu from loadkeys is your keymap ( pt-latin1/9 for me ) ?
- Just to be on the safe side: I do not have locale installed. Is it
needed ?

> Furthermore, brand new in 2.6.22: there's a file called default_utf8 (or
> something similar) somewhere under /proc, echo 1 to it and your newly
> allocated or reseted terminals will automatically be UTF-8 so you won't need
> that \033%G.

I assume you meant /sys/module/vt/parameters/default_utf8
I didn't knew that. Anyway, I tested it and it didn't work. I always
need the echo.

> bye,

Thanks,
> Egmont

Rui

--

Cumprimentos

*Rui Santos*
Dep. Testes

*GrupoPIE Portugal, S.A.*
Tel:   +351 252 290 600
Fax:  +351 252 290 601

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web: www.grupopie.com <http://www.grupopie.com/>

/WinREST /EVERYWHERE