Egmont Koblinger wrote:
>>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=118531371404736&w=2
>>>

>> Could you please point me to where the patch is located ?
>>

> It's just one click from the URL I've mentioned above, I hope you can find
> it. But as said I haven't tried this patch. By the way, that page gives a
> link to a patch to the kbd package, and this link is no longer valid. I
> guess you should contact the sender of that mail (Jirka Bohac) and ask him.

That thread is from early 2005... Does it still applies to the current
kernel ?

>>>   echo -en '\033%G'
>>>   kbd_mode -u
>>>   setfont lat2-16 -m 8859-2
>>>   loadkeys -u hu
>>>

>> No change in my setup. I have a few questions though:
>> - That has to be non-unicode? Or it doesn't matters ?
>>
>     ^^^^
> What do you refer to by "That"? I'm using an UTF-8 only setup.

You use lat2-16 fonf. That means that it does not have an utf8 mapping.
Usually the ones that end with 'u', like lat9u-16.psfu.gz already have
it. Am I correct ?

>> - I hope it should also work with 8859-15
>>

> Sure. Just make sure the font you load contains a Unicode map, or you supply
> one. The "-m" option is not necessary, but makes gpm behave better (but yet
> another kernel patch is needed to make gpm work with unicode anyway. We'll
> return to this if you're ready with the other steps and you need gpm.)
>

>> - I suppose that hu from loadkeys is your keymap ( pt-latin1/9 for me ) ?
>>

> Yes. Does pt-latin1/9 contain direct accented letters, or composing/dead
> characters? In other words: do you expect a single keypress (maybe with a
> modifier like Shift or AltGr) to produce an accented letter, or would you
> need more keypresses?

I retrieved it from my own system. I have pt-latin1 and
compose.latin1.add with all includes.
> Just for curiosity: please try the exact commands I gave you above, then run
> the command "cat" and press the "main" letters on your keyboard. You should
> see something like this:
>   0123456789öüó
>   qwertzuiopőú
>   asdfghjkléáű
>   íyxcvbnm,.-
> Do you get these accented vowels there?

No, I do not get any accented characters.

> Do you see accented letters if they are printed by an application, not from
> keyboard? E.g. try this:
>   echo -e 'x\0303\0241y\0303\0251z'
> The expected output is:
>   xáyéz
> ("a" and "e" have an accent on them). Is it okay?

The front is working with accented characters. I have a utf8 encode
text-file on the filesystem and the text is outputed correctly.
That 'echo' also works as it should.

--

Cumprimentos

*Rui Santos*
Dep. Testes

*GrupoPIE Portugal, S.A.*
Tel:   +351 252 290 600
Fax:  +351 252 290 601

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web: www.grupopie.com <http://www.grupopie.com/>

/WinREST /EVERYWHERE