Iain Cuthbertson wrote:

>>> AFAIK webcam suffers from the same problems as xawtv. Have you tried
>>> luvcview (http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Investigation/uvc/) or other
>>> V4L2-compatible applications that work with digital devices?
>> The problem is I want to run it on a headless server. Can I use this
>> tool without X? I just want to capture an image and store as a file.
>
> Yes indeed Marcel :)

I get a lot of build errors when trying to make it. See the log file:

http://mrcl.xs4all.nl/make-luvcview-20060706.log

> Check out uvccapture (a headless webcam capture program based upon luvcview):
>
>  + http://staticwave.ca/source/uvccapture/

Sounds great! After installing the jpeg libs I could build it and run
it. But when I run it, it hangs after printing this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/download/uvccapture-0.4$ ./uvccapture -v
Using videodevice: /dev/video0
Saving images to: snap.jpg
Image size: 320x240
Taking snapshot every 0 seconds
Taking images using mmap
Resetting camera settings
Camera brightness level is 127
Camera contrast level is 32
Camera saturation level is 32
Camera gain level is 0

When I press ctrl-C, it prints "Exiting...", but it still hangs. I can
only kill the process. And no snap.jpg either... :-(

Regards,
Marcel