Hi Gerald,

>     If I were inclined to fund development of the "linux-uvc" driver with
> respect to some particular camera model....

... that would be greatly appreciated :-)

>     How much money would be reasonably required in order to have the
> necessary changes patched to support the particular camera model?

That would depend on the particular features the camera provides. Could you
provide me with more details at this point ? Would it be a camera with
standard features, or would it have exotic capabilities ? I'm particularly
concerned by how the features would fit the current v4l2 API.

If you could give me a broad overview of the project, I'll provide you with
pricing information. Feel free to contact me in provide for this.

>     I would supply the Camera for free as well as fund the testing and
> development.
>
>     I'm not looking for any sort or precise commitment at this point, I
> only would like to know if this is an option should I, or actually the
> company I work for, need a particular UVC Camera Model to function in the
> near future.

Yes, that's definitely an option. I'd be happy to help you with the project.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart