Hi Laurent,

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 20:59 +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> >     If I were inclined to fund development of the "linux-uvc" driver with
> > respect to some particular camera model....
>
> ... that would be greatly appreciated :-)
>
> >     How much money would be reasonably required in order to have the
> > necessary changes patched to support the particular camera model?
>
> That would depend on the particular features the camera provides. Could you
> provide me with more details at this point ? Would it be a camera with
> standard features, or would it have exotic capabilities ? I'm particularly
> concerned by how the features would fit the current v4l2 API.
>
> If you could give me a broad overview of the project, I'll provide you with
> pricing information. Feel free to contact me in provide for this.

Well....it's a little amorphous at this point. I'm looking at deploying
about 300 WebCams with
feature set much like the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000. Nothing exotic.
We're intending to use
them for Jewelry photography for tracking purposes.

We're using Ubuntu 6.10 (Stock Kernel). I intend to create semi-custom
software suited to our
use cases that integrates with our current systems. Most likely using
Python and GStreamer.

Pretty much, I just need to know what sort of possibilities there will
be for supporting newer
Camera models in the near future.

> >     I would supply the Camera for free as well as fund the testing and
> > development.
> >
> >     I'm not looking for any sort or precise commitment at this point, I
> > only would like to know if this is an option should I, or actually the
> > company I work for, need a particular UVC Camera Model to function in the
> > near future.
>
> Yes, that's definitely an option. I'd be happy to help you with the project.

Thanks for the Feedback and thanks for all the work you've done so far
on the UVC drivers!