Hi:

Ok, here what i did to get a straming from the uvc EeePc integrated
webcam, no vlc or ffmpeg sources/compilation is needed:
1.- enable webcam device on BIOS
2.- make a symbolinc link from /dev/vide0 to /dev/video (ln -s
/dev/video0 /dev/video , make sure that the /dev/video0 exist before
make the link, if not exist start the camera as is explained in point
3)..(ffmpeg check for the "video" device (without number) even if you
specifie /dev/video0...
3.- Some config problem can disable the webcam, so is good to have at
hand a script like this to enable again the webcam (runit when is needed
with a simple ./enablecamera.sh), like a enablecamera.sh with this:
#!/bin/sh
if [ $(cat /proc/acpi/asus/camera) = "1" ]; then
        echo 0 > /proc/acpi/asus/camera
        sleep 1
fi

sudo echo 1 > /proc/acpi/asus/camera

until [ -a /dev/video0 ] ; do
        sleep 1
done

4.- you can check if ffmpeg is working capturing a sample video with:
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 320x240 -r 5 -i /dev/video0 -f m4v out.m4v

5.- backup the /etc/ffserver.conf file (just in case :-)

6.- change the ffserver.conf file like (other formats in ffmpeg
documentation, the values are good for quick streaming you can change,
framerate, size, etc):
Port 8090
# bind to all IPs aliased or not
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
# max number of simultaneous clients
MaxClients 1000
# max bandwidth per-client (kb/s)
MaxBandwidth 10000
# Suppress that if you want to launch ffserver as a daemon.
NoDaemon

<Feed feed1.ffm>
File /tmp/feed1.ffm
FileMaxSize 5M
</Feed>

<Stream test.swf>
Feed feed1.ffm
Format swf
VideoCodec flv
VideoFrameRate 10
VideoBufferSize 200000
VideoBitRate 100
VideoQMin 1
VideoQMax 5
VideoSize 128x96
PreRoll 0
Noaudio
</Stream>

7.- start ffserver (if some warning show up about size or bitrate just
stop the server wit a  ctrl+c and ffserver command again:
ffserver

8.- start the streaming seed (-r have to be acording to the
VideoFramRate in ffserver.conf, the same for the -s parameter):
ffmpeg -r 10 -s 128x96 -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0
http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

9.- in the destination machine mahe a simple EeeCamera.html file with
this (change 192.168.0.101 with the EeePC IP address, you can chose here
a more big size like 320x240 if is needed):
<EMBED src="http://192.168.0.101:8090/test.swf"; width=320 height=240
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></EMBED>

10.- Open the EeeCamera.html file with mozilla, firefox or iexplorer...

Cheers,

Mauricio

P.D: I know that vlc can use all that with ffmpeg, but my vlc on xandros
on my eeepc refuse to work with the camera, so probably is not a nice
clean way but at least work :-) if you have any recomendation to do
exactly the same with vlc i can try it here..