Neil Hi,

Could you please post the relevant dmesg output.
Increasing uvcvideo verbosity would also be a good help.

--- snip ---
> libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
> libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
--- snip ---

No problem with this, libv4l only handles a limit number of
resolutions when enumerating video formats (apparently the limit is
rather low for the current uvc camera models).

> libv4l2: error turning on stream: Invalid argument
> Unable to start capture: Invalid argument

This seems to be the problem, but you need to check dmesg for the
cause of the invalid argument error.
Most likely this is related to the usb core and not to the driver
itself, but it's hard to say without more info.

Best regards,
Paulo