Hello,

        As the title suggest I am trying to use a camera plugged into
a USB3 socket.  it works fine plugged into a USB2 socket but luvcview
gives the following error:
---
luvcview -d /dev/video0
luvcview 0.2.6

SDL information:
  Video driver: x11
  A window manager is available
Device information:
  Device path:  /dev/video0
libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
Stream settings:
  Frame format: MJPG
  Frame size:   640x480
  Frame rate:   30 fps
libv4l2: error turning on stream: Invalid argument
Unable to start capture: Invalid argument
Error grabbing
Cleanup done. Exiting ...
---
  I've also tried cheese which has the following error:
---
cheese
libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
libv4lconvert: warning more framesizes then I can handle!
libv4l2: error turning on stream: Invalid argument
---

The motherboard is running an Intel P55 chipset with the USB 3.0
provided via a NECD720200F1 chip. The cameras all work fine when
plugged into the USB2.0 socket provided by the Intel chipset.  Below
is the ouput from the camera.

Output from LSUSB with a Logitech :

Bus 017 Device 002: ID 046d:0825 Logitech, Inc.

  The same thing happens with a Philips SPC620NC camera, LSUSB is :

Bus 017 Device 002: ID 0471:0333 Philips (or NXP) SPC 620NC PC Camera

  Is this something to do with the camera trying to push too much data
down the higher bandwidth USB3?

  Any help or hints much appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil