On 5/3/2017 7:49 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 13:42 +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
Another change is the
addition of the flag ATTR_WANT_1X_OFFLOAD that user-space has to pass
in CONNECT request. Some drivers may need to be aware before the PMK
is programmed through SET_PMK request.

That naming seems a bit questionable - WANT_1X_4WAY_HS or so might be
better? We don't (want to) offload the 1X handshake after all, so that
name is a bit confusing IMHO.

Sure. Will do.

This series also comes with driver implementation in brcmfmac
although it does not use the authorized flag in the ROAM event (yet).

The series applies to the master branch of the mac80211-next
repository.

Cool.

One remaining open issue is regarding DEL_PMK. The wpa_supplicant
patches posted on hostap list do not use it and the .del_pmk() is
also not used within cfg80211. Should it be called in
__cfg80211_disconnected() just to be sure?

I don't really think so - once you disconnect surely the PMK for the
connection is no longer valid. IMHO it's reasonable to require ensuring
that from drivers, where necessary (mostly, I assume firmware would
throw away the data anyway)

I was asking because we do it for the keys:

        /*
         * Delete all the keys ... pairwise keys can't really
         * exist any more anyway, but default keys might.
         */
        if (rdev->ops->del_key)
                for (i = 0; i < 6; i++)
                        rdev_del_key(rdev, dev, i, false, NULL);

But I guess the comment explains it as PMK is a pairwise (master) key.

Regards,
Arend