On 2015-08-05 03:44 PM, Cristian Bercaru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does linux-yocto-4.1 implement all the preempt-rt support in
> standard/preempt-rt branch?
> or
> Does it have a preempt-rt patch, like 3.4, 3.10 and 3.14?

It has always been on a branch IIRC, and I don't think we've
ever used a monolithic -rt patch that was applied at build time.

> How is the kernel configuration built in 4.1? I don't see any meta
> branch. Does it use configuration fragments, defconfigs, both or is it
> left at the BSP developers' choice?

The meta content was separated out of the kernel source repo, to
be its own entity, but you can still find the content that was
there before in tmp/work-shared/genericx86-64/kernel-source/.kernel-meta
(for x86, insert your own board/bsp name as appropriate)

You can see some of the recent tooling commits relating to meta
dir handling on top of tree here:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-kernel-tools/

Paul.