On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Paul Gortmaker
<paul.gortma...@windriver.com> wrote:
> On 2015-08-05 03:44 PM, Cristian Bercaru wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Does linux-yocto-4.1 implement all the preempt-rt support in
>> standard/preempt-rt branch?
>> or
>> Does it have a preempt-rt patch, like 3.4, 3.10 and 3.14?
>
> It has always been on a branch IIRC, and I don't think we've
> ever used a monolithic -rt patch that was applied at build time.

correct. The preempt-rt support is in place for 4.1 and is in the same format
as the other linux-yocto kernels.

standard/preempt-rt has the broken out -rt patches applied on top of the
4.1 baseline.

>> How is the kernel configuration built in 4.1? I don't see any meta
>> branch. Does it use configuration fragments, defconfigs, both or is it
>> left at the BSP developers' choice?
>
> The meta content was separated out of the kernel source repo, to
> be its own entity, but you can still find the content that was
> there before in tmp/work-shared/genericx86-64/kernel-source/.kernel-meta
> (for x86, insert your own board/bsp name as appropriate)

Also correct (thanks Paul).

The only thing that has changed is that the meta data is pulled from
a separate repository (the same repository that has always been
used to create the meta branch), and after that, nothing at all changes
to the configuration, patch and build phases.

Cheers,

Bruce

> You can see some of the recent tooling commits relating to meta
> dir handling on top of tree here:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-kernel-tools/
>
> Paul.
> --