Hi,

After reading the 802.1.5.4 spec I was wondering if anyone knew how a
device discovery works in a beaconless  PAN.  The section on Device
Discovery in the spec states that "The PAN coordinator or a coordinator
indicates its presence on a PAN to other devices by transmitting beacon
frames.  This allows the other devices to perform device discovery".
 From this I'm assuming that for beaconless PAN there is no device
discovery and that it is achieved by statically configuring all devices
to use the same channels and PAN Id?  Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,
Martin.