Hi Alex,

On 11/09/14 09:18, Alexander Aring wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 03:06:07PM +0100, Martin Townsend wrote:
>> Passing the skb from 6lowpan up to the higher layers is not a
>> function of IPHC.  By moving it out of IPHC we also remove the
>> need to support error code returns with NET_RX codes.
>> It also makes the lowpan_rcv function more extendable as we
>> can support more compression schemes.
>>
> I will ack this. But please sperate this patch in two. First renaming
> the function namens and then removing deliver callback.
ok, but should this not be the other way around
moving delivery into receive and then by doing this processs_data naturally
becomes IPHC decompress so it can be renamed.

> btw. The correct tag is bluetooth not linux-bluetooth, or bluetooth-next.
>

> Also this doesn't fix anything? Then this is for bluetooth-next. I know
> this depends on the Patch 1/3. Marcel, do you have any a nice solution
> about this, that we can deal with huge fixes in bluetooth and new features
> for bluetooth-next. Or simple wait when it's merged?
I disagree, this with the previous patch fixes error handling in lowpan_rcv.
By moving the skb delivery out of IPHC you automatically fix the nightmare
which is returning a mixture of NET_RX codes with error codes.  IPHC now only
returns error codes or success.  Delivery is done where is should be in the
receive function and can deal with NET_RX codes.

> - Alex
> --

- Martin.