>> Yes, I'm trying to determine if a notice I got from GOC (paper, via
>> postal mail) is valid ... it looks real, but the person and phone
>> number are not in GEDS (Government Electronic Directory Service).
>> Gut feel is that it's real, but how on earth can I verify without
>> using the phone numbers on the letter?

Try contacting the Public number for the agency.  The operator should
have access to the internal Phone list, and can tell you if the number
is valid.

I don't know how it is dine these days but when I was working, the
internal directory had a check box to publish your name, and it was
dumped to GEDS about once a month.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe