On 12-01-06 09:20 PM, Ian Ward wrote:

> People commonly call a shared exchange server "email", and I believe with
> exchange and a bunch of microsoft email clients you can tell when an email
> has been displayed.
>
> But even then, I don't know how this could ever be the same as saying that
> a person actually *read* the email.

I have seen this "feature" as a bullet point to justify using outlook
rather then a real E-mail system.  Also the ability to "recall" a
message, which will work within the outlook sphere, but results in a
funny message being sent that says "fred smith asked to recall a message
titled xyz" with a header that the MS clients will recognise and cause
the specified message to delete.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe