Jeff Noxon wrote:

I have an MSI board with a 440BX (BXmaster), and also a Dell PWS 210.
I'm particulary interested in getting the Dell to work.  But the Dell
boxes are SMP...

Hmmm.... Dunno about the SMP. Ron and Eric perhaps can comment on that . I never messed with any of the smp stuff. Assuming the MSI board dosen't have something flaky with the SMbus to gain access to the SPD it should come up and "just work" YMMV of course.

The MSI uses a Winbond W83977EF-AW, which is supported.  Are most of
the BX boards really generic enough that they can be made to work easily?

Yes. I think so. There are a few bits in the southbridge setup that are hardcoded to match my board. (ie they aren't configurable in the config file) However, I think that these settings are going to be the same on most of the boards. Perhaps some other custom embedded system might have them different but any board set up like a normal desktop PC should work.

--
Richard A. Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]