Hi Andreas

Quoting Andreas Thienemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Mark,

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Andreas, which version of LB where you looking at ? People still seem to be
getting on ok with V1 and the HOW-TO I wrote some time ago.
I tried the Linuxbios 1 version together with the howto.

Which version of the EPIA are you using, is it the original EPIA or one
of the other version (ie EPIA-M, EPIA-MII etc) ? If it's the EPIA, I may
be able to help.
I tried the epia-pd.

This could be the start of the problem, from what I remember, the versions of the EPIA after the initial one where each different enough to cause problems, such as a different north/south bridge requiring different configurations to get the ram, serial, etc up and running.

The inital EPIA has a via VT8601 northbridge and a VT8231 southbridge.

Looking at VIA's website, everything after the EPIA, upto but not including the
new EPIA-SP have a CLE266 northbridge and a VT8235 southbridge. This would mean
that the code for the EPIA-M in LinuxBIOS should work for these motherboards.

The EPIA-SP is listed as having a CN400 northbridge and a VT8237 Southbrigde.

Unfortunately, I think the EPIA-M code is not working at the present, I don't
think it got updated after the major code changes a little while ago (Someone
please correct me if I'm wrong)

getting that code to compile would be your first step.

According to the specs, the hardware itself is not that different from the
M version. Seems not to be the case however.

bye,
 andreas

Regards Mark Wilkinson.