Hi

I am pretty happy that i can report success! Ok, i still don't have any
Linuxbios running... but yesterday i received the flashchips for the
GA-M57SLI board. Already programmed with the F8 version of the original bios.
The onboard bios was flashed to the F7 version. I have soldered a PLCC32
socket to the board and connected a switch to the open pads. I can now switch
between the F7 and F8 version. I will post the details as time permits. The
solution is quite neat and i think it is easier than desoldering a PLCC32
chip. Soldering is of curse still required but no desoldering.

Next stop will be actually flashing linuxbios.

Thanks for all who helped me out!
ST