Sometime Today, rohit sharma assembled some asciibets to say:

> I need to learn Perl to prepare for my MS . Can you guys suggest a
> good book which is suitable for a begginer as well as for the advanced
> level?

The man pages are excellent.  my advice, run through them in this order:

  perldata, perlsyn, perlop  - These you can finish in an hour cause they
                               are similar to other languages (C).

  perlvar, perlsub           - built in vars and making subroutines

  perlfunc, perlopentut      - Functions you will use over and over.  Just
                               run through perlfunc and come back
                               everytime you need a func.  Memorise
                               opentut

  perlipc, Socket.pm         - These are for socket programming

You can use perldoc for the pod's -> perldoc Socket, perldoc perlipc,
perldoc perldoc etc.  For individual functions -> perldoc -f func

Also, read through whatever you find interesting in the faq.

If you still need books, Llama (Learning Perl) is good for beginners,
Camel (Programming Perl) is for more advanced, Elements of Programming
using Perl is good anyway.

Check out Uri Guttman's page at http://www.sysarch.com/

Check the stuff at Randal Schwartz' page http://www.stonehenge.com/

Philip