On Thursday 06 April 2006 11:11 am, Nadeem M. Khan wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been trying to install RHEL 3 on an IBM x346. I needed an img
> file to load at install time for my Adaptec hostraid controller.
> The file is present at the IBM site, but the size is greater than
> 1.44 MB. The size is 1.47 MB and cannot fit into a floppy (which I
> would put into the drive for the "linux dd" comand to work.) Has
> anyone else encountered this problem, as I see that lots of img
> files are greater than 1.44 MB?

if the sector size is set larger than the usual 1KB then you can cram 
more sectors. Under linux 2.88, 3.2,3.52 and 3.84 MB. M$ can read 
2.88 (afaik). Only linux can read all the others. Considering that 
one can barely read 1.44, someone must have had lotsa time trying to 
read 3.84MB floppies.
Info fdutils should provide useful info.

-- 
rgds
jtd

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to