On Thursday 28 December 2006 00:30, Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
> On Thursday 28 December 2006 00:09, Roshan wrote:

> No, thank you. The appearance of GNU/Linux and the partiality
> associated with that section has put me off. Seems like these
> fanatics care more about the word GNU than its meaning these days.
>
> P.S. I don't know who wrote that. If the person finds this comment
> offencive, I don't care.

I wrote the comment. If u dont care shut up. If u do either way read 
the mail archives and talk logic rather than name calling. Name 
calling tends to show up as a very neuron defecient head.
The wiki clearly states that all other characteristics exist as a 
spinoff of freedom. And the FSF and RMS in particular has had the 
foresight and moral strength to fight when most others would like to 
pretend otherwise.
Apache, X, and others do not focuss on this aspect (and they need not 
too) because others are doing that job. We too are doing our bit in 
the same vein. Are we trying to denigrate the others - most certainly 
not. I fail to see how focussing on freedom as per the GNU manifesto 
in anyway detracts from ANY contibutor to the FOSS universe.
Having read the urls someone will form an opinion - for, against or 
dontcare - which is better than forming an opinion without knowing 
the basis for his opinions.

-- 
Rgds
JTD

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to