Mohan Nayaka wrote:
On 6/16/07, Rony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I know. No one actually complains to M$. But viruses are a way of life
in doze. ;)
Out of curiosity: Do you get a useful response if you complain? Assuming of
course, that you are using a non-pirated copy of MSW.
Or do you have to pay up extra?
I had once called up M$'s toll free helpline in Mumbai (All India) to
inquire about a client's free Vista upgrade coupon that came with his XP
pro that I had provided. They are polite and take time to explain
various licenses and their limitations and are not too concerned with
OEM or Full pack as long as you use an original copy. They record
everything that has transacted between the CC operator and the caller
and announce this before the call is answered.
I use XP pro legal in my system. As a precaution, my system is loaded
with anti-viirus, firewall, anti-spyware and is regularly kept up to
date with security updates from M$. I don't chat or orkut. However since
3 years this OS is used only for devices that don't work in Linux.
--
Regards,
Rony.
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Linux
Who Linux?
GNU/Linux
--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers