2008/5/27 Easwar Hariharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> either,maybe a mix of mine and yours could give just the right feel of
> "josh"+concern(sober and calculated).More comments please.

This was the letter I sent.

Dear Sir,

 I request you to consider supporting The South African Standards
Body's (SABS) appeal against OOXML approval [1] by ISO/IEC considering
the fact that we have decided not to approve it and we have raised
concerns about effectiveness of the ballot resolution process [2].
This would help to bring back the lost credibility of ISO and
standardisation process in general after the approval of OOXML.

A quote from the letter SABS submited highlights the issue clearly:

"We believe that there is an important question of principle involved
and that the reputation of ISO/IEC is indeed at stake. There has been
speculation about the need to revise the directives around fast track
processing. While such revision might indeed be necessary, we cannot
accept the outcome of a process in which the existing directives have
not, in our opinion, been applied."

I hope we will support the courage and leadership shown by South
Africa in standing up for the values that ISO stands for.

Regards
Praveen
Technology Consultant
#91, 12th cross, 1st Main