On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Aseem Rane <aseemr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Dileep Kumar M [ദിലീപ് കുമാ൪] <
> dileep.kumara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using Reliance WiMax for last 4-5 months (in Hyderabad). I too use a
> > router (linksys). There are DNS server issues at times. The router need
> > be reset once in every 3-4 weeks, else the speed of the connection become
> > very slow (the issue is of router, if we connect the modem directly to
> > system it works well). Once router is reset and configured again, it
> works
> > well :)
> >

> I was told by the call center guy that with Linux I MUST use a router and
> cannot connect the disk directly to my PC. Is that true? He even offered me
> two options for router costing Rs. 3500/- and Rs 4500/-. Can someone
> clarify?

i dont think that is correct. the device assigns ip to the PC through DHCP .
other posts suggest they do suggest that there is a static ip option. i dont
think anything stops u from using any os as long as it talks TCP/IP :-)

> Regards
> Aseem
> --

  • Re: [... Abhishek Ambe rkar [अभिषेक]
  • Re: [... kmk...@anantcorp.com
    • ... Abhishek Ambe rkar [अभिषेक]
      • ... Harsh Busa
      • ... Koustubha Kale
        • ... Information Security
          • ... Koustubha Kale
          • ... Rony
          • ... Dileep Kumar M [ദിലീപ ് കുമാ൪]
            • ... Aseem Rane
              • ... Harsh Busa
              • ... Arun Khan
              • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
              • ... Raj Mathur
              • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
              • ... Arun Khan
              • ... Arun Khan
              • ... Dileep Kumar M [ദ ിലീപ ് കു മാര് ‍ എം]
              • ... Arun Khan
  • Re: [... Raghu Prasad