Hi,

Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
 > somebody else's ubuntu machine. Yours for example?

Both sites work fine in general on other ubuntu machines. I've used both
the sites on 7.10, 8.04 & 8.10, all on triband connections. So it isn't
any generic ubuntu/mtnl issue.

Balwinder Singh wrote:
 > Capture packets (using tcpdump) and try to understand
 > what is happening.

I'll try that.

I only have intermittent remote desktop access to the machine - so I
have to be careful not to make any mistake that completely borks the
networking. :-)

Rony wrote:
 > Just for kicks, try another browser like Konquerar or Opera.

I have already tried 4 browsers. All have the same problem.

Chirag Wazir
http://chirag.freeshell.org