Hallo Wolfgang,

mit den anhängenden Dateien geht's
- mit unseren HP Notebooks genau einmal
- nachdem man Stromnetz und LAN frisch angesteckt hat

Es scheint ein ziemlich ekliges Glücksspiel zwischen ACPI, LAN und
Betriebssystem zu sein :-(

Gruß Jürgen

Am 23.04.2016 um 18:29 schrieb Wolfgang Höfer:

> Hi,
>

> wäre super ...
>

> Ich hab grad noch eine "ur 14.04" rausgekramt und installiere die mal
> auf einer baugleichen Kiste ( ohne Linuxmuster )
>
> Irgendwo hätte ich auch noch das ursprünglichste aller cloops
> rumliegen - das könnte ich auch nochmal einspielen ...
>

> Will sehen, ob das ein Verhalten ist, das bei einer Urinstallation
> (upps das kann ein Trennproblem geben :)  )
>
> auftritt und wenn nicht, ob ein Upgrade dann das Verhalten so abändert
>

> -----Original-Nachricht-----
>
> Betreff: Re: [lmn] WOL + Linbo
>
> Datum: 2016-04-23T18:22:41+0200
>
> Von: "Juergen Engeland" <juergen.engel...@t-online.de>
>
> An: "Discussions about using linuxmuster.net"
> <linuxmuster-user@lists.linuxmuster.net>
>

> Hallo Wolfgang,
>
> also doch genau das Szenario wie bei uns:
> LinuxMint (welches (Ubuntu darunter)?) schickt den Client so schlafen,
> wie es soll.
> (K)ubuntu 14.04 tat es nicht.
>
> Ich habe hier einen HULC mit (hoffentlich immer noch) funktionierendem
> WOL , so dass wir Schritt für Schritt vergleichen können. Im Moment
> kämpfe ich gerade dem postsync für das virtuelle Windows - siehe
> anderer Thread von mir.
>
> Sobald der Client wieder verfügbar ist, lese ich mal /etc/rc.local,
> /etc/network/interfaces und */etc/default/acpi-support *aus. Letzteres
> hatte ich - allerdings wegen fehlender WLAN-Verbindung nach Standby
> oder Resume - auch angepasst.
>
> Gruß Jürgen
>
> Am 23.04.2016 um 17:50 schrieb Wolfgang Höfer:
>
>     Hi,
>

>     das mit dem Sleep 5 hab ich im Netz auch gelesen, aber das bezog
>     sich doch eher darauf, dass beim Booten
>
>     die Settings mit ethtool nicht ausgeführt werden, falls das
>     Netzwerk zu langsam hoch kommt.
>
>     Mein "ethtool eth0" liefert aber sauber "pumbg" als Einstellung -
>     sollte als nicht das Problem sein.
>
> Ja, ja, das war bei uns auch schon so, als WOl noch nicht funktionierte.
>
>     Da ich die Switches in Verdacht hatte, hab ich es über einen
>     "Zwergerl-Switch" direkt zwischen 2 Maschinen
>
>     probiert und nach Mint ging es, nach 14.04 ging es nicht und nach
>     mint ging es wieder, ....." Als Switch auch außen vor.
>

>     Bin ziemlich ratlos (und frustriert), weil ich unseren
>     "Geldgebern", die wieder mal das System töten wollen, das
>
>     als eines der Features demonstrieren will / muss ...
>
> Mit Windoofs funktioniert WOL also?
>

>     -----Original-Nachricht-----
>
>     Betreff: Re: [lmn] WOL + Linbo
>
>     Datum: 2016-04-23T17:43:30+0200
>
>     Von: "Juergen Engeland" <juergen.engel...@t-online.de>
>
>     An: "Discussions about using linuxmuster.net"
>     <linuxmuster-user@lists.linuxmuster.net>
>

>     Hallo Wolfgang,
>
>     bei uns ist zusätzlich der Eintrag in /etc/rc.local einschließlich
>     sleep 5 noch drin. Hätte ich gleich erwähnen sollen.
>
>     Desweiteren war es bei unseren alten HP ProCurve Switches so, dass
>     WOL nicht mehr ging, als ich VLANs eingerichtet hatte. Was man auf
> [...]

#
# Configuration file for the acpi-support package
#
#
# The acpi-support package is intended as "glue" to make special functions of
# laptops work. Specifically, it translates special function keys for some
# laptop models into actions or generic function key presses.
#

#
# Suspend/hibernate method
# ------------------------
#
# When gnome-power-manager or klaptopdaemon are running, acpi-support will
# translate the suspend and hibernate keys of laptops into special "suspend"
# and "hibernate" keys that these daemons handle.
#
# Only in situations where there is no gnome-power-manager or klaptopdaemon
# running, acpi-support needs to perform suspend/hibernate in some other way.
# There are several options for this. The options are:
#
# dbus-pm:
#    Perform suspend and hibernate actions via a DBUS request to the power
#    management daemon. This works for power management daemons that we don't
#    know of. (For gnome-power-manager and klaptopdaemon this will do nothing,
#    since those will be detected when they are running, and triggered using
#    a virtual keypress.)
#
# dbus-hal:
#    Perform suspend and hibernate actions via a DBUS request directly to HAL,
#    bypassing any running power management daemons.
#
# pm-utils:
#    Use pm-suspend and pm-hibernate to suspend and hibernate. (The dbus method
#    normally results in this as well, but calls through dbus. Use this option
#    only if you don't have dbus installed.)
#
# hibernate:
#    Use the hibernate package to suspend and hibernate.
#
# acpi-support:
#    Use the legacy built-in suspend/hibernate support. (DEPRECATED)
#
# none:
#    Do not attempt to suspend/hibernate. Set SUSPEND_METHODS="none" to
#    disable suspend/hibernate handling in acpi-support.
#
# If you specify dbus or pm-utils, the result will normally be the same as when
# you suspend from your desktop environment. If you specify "hibernate" or
# "acpi-support", be aware that this probably does not match what your desktop
# environment would do (unless you have managed to configure something so that
# the DBUS power management interfaces call the hibernate package).
#
#
# Please specify a space separated list of options. The recommended value is
# "dbus pm-utils"
#
SUSPEND_METHODS="dbus-pm dbus-hal pm-utils"

#
# LEGACY BUILT IN SUSPEND SUPPORT (DEPRECATED)
# --------------------------------------------
#
# These options only work for the "acpi-support" suspend method. This is NOT
# recommended, but is retained for backward compatibility reasons.
#

# Comment the next line to disable ACPI suspend to RAM
ACPI_SLEEP=true

# Comment the next line to disable suspend to disk
ACPI_HIBERNATE=true

# Change the following to "standby" to use ACPI S1 sleep, rather than S3.
# This will save less power, but may work on more machines
ACPI_SLEEP_MODE=mem

# Add modules to this list to have them removed before suspend and reloaded
# on resume. An example would be MODULES="em8300 yenta_socket"
#
# Note that network cards and USB controllers will automatically be unloaded
# unless they're listed in MODULES_WHITELIST
MODULES=""

# Add modules to this list to leave them in the kernel over suspend/resume
MODULES_WHITELIST=""

# Should we save and restore state using the VESA BIOS Extensions?
SAVE_VBE_STATE=true

# The file that we use to save the vbestate
VBESTATE=/var/lib/acpi-support/vbestate

# Should we attempt to warm-boot the video hardware on resume?
POST_VIDEO=true

# Save and restore video state?
# SAVE_VIDEO_PCI_STATE=true

# Should we switch the screen off with DPMS on suspend?
USE_DPMS=true

# Use Radeontool to switch the screen off? Seems to be needed on some machines
# RADEON_LIGHT=true

# Uncomment the next line to switch away from X and back again after resume.
# This is needed for some hardware, but should be unnecessary on most.
# DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH=true

# Set the following to "platform" if you want to use ACPI to shut down
# your machine on hibernation
HIBERNATE_MODE=shutdown

# Comment this out to disable screen locking on resume
LOCK_SCREEN=true

# Uncomment this line to have DMA disabled before suspend and reenabled
# afterwards
# DISABLE_DMA=true

# Uncomment this line to attempt to reset the drive on resume. This seems
# to be needed for some Sonys
# RESET_DRIVE=true

# Add services to this list to stop them before suspend and restart them in
# the resume process.
STOP_SERVICES="networking"

# Restart Infra Red services on resume - off by default as it crashes some
# machines
RESTART_IRDA=false

# Add to this list network interfaces that you don't want to be stopped
# during suspend (in fact any network interface whose name starts with
# a prefix given in this list is skipped)
SKIP_INTERFACES="dummy qemu"

# Note: to enable "laptop mode" (to spin down your hard drive for longer
# periods of time), install the laptop-mode-tools package and configure
# it in /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf.
#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          halt
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:
# Default-Stop:      0
# Short-Description: Execute the halt command.
### END INIT INFO

NETDOWN=no

PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
[ -f /etc/default/halt ] && . /etc/default/halt

. /lib/lsb/init-functions

do_stop () {
        if [ "$INIT_HALT" = "" ]
        then
                case "$HALT" in
                  [Pp]*)
                        INIT_HALT=POWEROFF
                        ;;
                  [Hh]*)
                        INIT_HALT=HALT
                        ;;
                  *)
                        INIT_HALT=POWEROFF
                        ;;
                esac
        fi

        # See if we need to cut the power.
        if [ "$INIT_HALT" = "POWEROFF" ] && [ -x /etc/init.d/ups-monitor ]
        then
                /etc/init.d/ups-monitor poweroff
        fi

        # Don't shut down drives if we're using RAID.
        hddown="-h"
        if grep -qs '^md.*active' /proc/mdstat
        then
                hddown=""
        fi

        # If INIT_HALT=HALT don't poweroff.
        poweroff="-p"
        if [ "$INIT_HALT" = "HALT" ]
        then
                poweroff=""
        fi

        # Make it possible to not shut down network interfaces,
        # needed to use wake-on-lan
        netdown="-i"
        if [ "$NETDOWN" = "no" ]; then
                netdown=""
        fi

        log_action_msg "Will now halt"
        halt -d -f $netdown $poweroff $hddown
}

case "$1" in
  start)
        # No-op
        ;;
  restart|reload|force-reload)
        echo "Error: argument '$1' not supported" >&2
        exit 3
        ;;
  stop)
        do_stop
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 start|stop" >&2
        exit 3
        ;;
esac

:
# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo wlan0
iface lo inet loopback
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
sleep 5
ethtool -s eth0 wol g
/usr/local/bin/cleanup-nutzer.sh $0
/etc/cancelprint.sh
cp /virtual/\{ce22a5f7-e494-477c-8add-cfbbc2fc6c60\}.vdi
/virtual/Machines/winXP/Snapshots/

exit 0