On 08/12/2016 03:03 AM, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
On 12/08/16 15:54, Gavin Shan wrote:
It might be nicer for users to implement their own
pcibios_free_controller_deferred(),
meaning pSeries needs its own implementation for now. The reason is
more user (pSeries)
specific objects can be released together with the PHB. However, I'm
still fine without
the comment to be covered.

That's probably not a bad idea, though from a cxl perspective I'm fine
with using the current version.

I agree, but in that case the user _still_ can use another function.
This patch just provides an implementation that defaults to what was
already done, in a deferred manner.

If some users need something more specific, they can wire it up too :)
the same way we did - and it's explained in the function's comments.

Thanks for the review, suggestions and reaching a better and much more
interesting patch.

--
Mauricio Faria de Oliveira
IBM Linux Technology Center