On Apr 7, 2008, at 1:01 AM, Paul Mackerras wrote:
Kumar Gala writes:

We can set LOAD_OFFSET and use the AT attribute on sections and the
linker will properly set the physical address of the LOAD program
header for us.

Nice...

#define KERNELBASE      ASM_CONST(CONFIG_KERNEL_START)
#define PAGE_OFFSET     ASM_CONST(CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET)
+#define LOAD_OFFSET ASM_CONST((CONFIG_KERNEL_START- CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START))

I think this should be CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET - CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START
though.

Disagree (assuming I'm thinking straight first thing in the morning).

PAGE_OFFSET is virt address of the beginning of memory, where KERNEL_START is virt address of start of kernel text.
PHYSICAL_START is physical address of KERNEL_START.

(I tried to match x86's definitions here as per Milton's request to be consistent).

- k