memcpy_from/to_io() use word aligned accesses on the io side of memory.
The MPC5200 local plus bus where our flashes are connected does not
allow unaligned accesses, so we have to use the io versions of memcpy.

But this region of flash is marked as suitable for execute-in-place,
otherwise the point() function wouldn't be working to give a direct
pointer to it. It sounds like we shouldn't be allowing that.

Which in turn means that perhaps we should have a property in the
corresponding node in the device-tree which indicates that it's not
suitable for direct access?

This isn't usually a property of the flash device, but of the various
buses/controllers above the flash device.  The device tree should mimic
reality (and it does, it just seems the kernel doesn't use this information
yet?)

Segher