On 04/08/2011 02:58 PM, Guillaume Dargaud wrote:
Isn't that blackfin specific?

So how do you change the loading address of the PowerPC kernel from its default
0x400000 address ?

Note that the default 0x400... is the link address of the zImage wrapper rather than the one of THE kernel.

Currently the link address seems to be hard-coded into
arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper
(a shell script). Since long ago I'm wondering why the maintainers did that. But I guess there is a reason, because it wasn't that way in the old arch/ppc days ;-) ...

Is configuring the zImage-piggy-back-loader through menuconfig & co evil?

  Joachim