On 04/06/2013 11:58 PM, David Gibson wrote:
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 10:53:58PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:

Third, what's the most reliable way to ensure a block of addresses around
0xf6000000 don't get used for shared libraries?  (We want to preserve
those addresses for emulating hardware in a virtual machine.)  We have
this working on an older system but after upgrading to new software the
libraries now extend further down the address space.

The only reliable method I can think of would be to use a custom
linker script to give your binary an extra program header specifying
that virtual region to map.

Thanks for your help. We had started working on the custom linker script while waiting to see if anyone would respond, so it's good to get some validation that we picked the right solution.

Chris