I had  a hanging Uboot problem with a Sam440ep board.Never figured the problem
out but
It workedd for another two years after the problems began. Died for good last
September with the hanging becoming  a daily issue.
Dont think that it was overheating. I thought that it could have been a problem
with  the on board  ethernet.

anyway I am still not giving up hopes of DRI and future kernals working, only
into my second year of trying so too soon to give up .
Doing a git bisect on the 4.00-rc1 now.