Put the info forth in an Amiga ppc related thread, agpmode=-1 is also
needed on the Pegasos 2, need do some research/googling but is it safe to
say its broken for all non x86 platforms?

Including those replies here:
----
Hi Christian and Mike,
for my personal experiences on Pegasos2 and MacMini G4 the performance was
 good on 3D and 2D but need the agpmode=-1 or the system freeze
adding the agpmode=-1 make loose performances but make the system working
this because the gpu without that append was over working it was look like
software overclocked.
 About agp macs a guy on ubuntuforums boost his performance adding this to
the kernel append  "quiet splash radeon.modeset=0
video=radeonfb:1280x960-32@60 "

About Pegasos2 i had it with 9800pro and the machine was running great.
Alex i know is a geek with this machine that i dont have any moore or
better i have another one died :-
---

Hi Luigi.

Thanks. Remember the modeset=0 flag my self from a while back, had to be
appended to either the kernel or as an option the the module. What a sorry
state.. I think agpmode=-1 masks a bunch of issues, degrading performance
due to some hittage of the cpu unnecessary, thats my suspicion anyway.
likely if ever a fix is found it will reveal a bunch of other issues is my
fear.
----