Hi,

I have an embedded PowerPC (MPC8347) board that works fine with uboot and Linux
2.6.15.

I am trying to upgrade the kernel so that it runs on the latest release - Linux
2.6.27.
So far, I have gotten the kernel to compile on my platform, but of course it
does not boot.

Things have changed drastically since 2.6.15 and the porting methodology used
back then is obsolete now. Progress is a good thing :-) I have googled for info
on how to accomplish this port but have found nothing so far. In particular,
the fact that I am using uboot instead of open firmware makes the task a bit
more daunting.

The file Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt gives some info on the
flattened device tree and and at the end of the "board support" section it
states "I will describe later the boot process and various callbacks that your
platform should implement." but that description is not  part of the document.

I am wondering where I can find more info that will help me accomplish this
port.

thanks a lot for your help.
L.K