Hi,

Regarding changes to the ptp4l protocol stack, you would have to change
this if you changed the API in any way, there would need to be
modifications to the ptp4l end.

I think someone from Redhat may be able to answer your question about
the backport of the PHC subsystem better.

You might try searching for CentOS, as that may have been the source of
the kernel. I don't know if we had an explicit conversation about
backporting, but as Richard said, it is not as trivial as you might
think.

Thanks,
Jake