From: Keller, Jacob E [mailto:jacob.e.kel...@intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 4:35 PM
To: linuxptp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Linuxptp-devel] linuxptp in kernel 2.6.30+?

Hi,

Regarding changes to the ptp4l protocol stack, you would have to change this if
you changed the API in any way, there would need to be modifications to the
ptp4l end.

I think someone from Redhat may be able to answer your question about the
backport of the PHC subsystem better.

You might try searching for CentOS, as that may have been the source of the
kernel. I don't know if we had an explicit conversation about backporting, but
as Richard said, it is not as trivial as you might think.

Thanks,
Jake